Driving around in Brazil can be a little tricky for people who are new to this country. Generally, driving in Brazil is categorized under four different types:
- Major highways
- Metropolitan cities like Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
- Dirt roads and tracks
- Small back roads
As expected, there are different driving rules and regulations for driving on all these 4 kinds of roads. Some of the common rules that apply almost across all types of roads and destinations in Brazil and are necessary for car renters in Brazil are as listed below:
- First and foremost, make sure that the rental car you select is capable of trekking terrains.
- With the ongoing changes in infrastructure, locating places can become troublesome, which makes rental cars a necessity for everyone.
- Make sure that your rental car is equipped with a good GPS Navigation system.
- Given to the fact that Brazil has the world’s fourth- largest road network, always be prepared to drive across long distances.